28. June 2011 08:54
We are excited to announce our new release of OfficeClip 9.1. This is a major release and has been made possible because our users have provided us lots of feedback in our feedback site. In this release we bring you a new Application called Paid Time Off. It is now possible to track employee paid time off (PTO) and manage vacation accruals. Other major enhancements include ability to control the page size and using template to create the login screen. In addition to this we have made a lot of small enhancements and many bug fixes.
24. May 2011 07:03
The OfficeClip Invoice application can now accept payments via credit cards, debit cards, Paypal and your customer's bank account (ACH payments available only in the US).
OfficeClip creates a seamless workflow for the entire process. An invoice is created and sent to the customer via OfficeClip extranet. The customer can then open the invoice by clicking on a link on their email. Upon presentation, the customer can pay for the invoice by clicking on the Pay button. Payment can be made using a credit card, Paypal or bank account. Upon payment, an email will be sent to you and the customer as the receipt for the payment.
11. May 2011 06:43
Do you need to notify your team members that the meeting which is going to start in 30 minutes is rescheduled?
When there is a need to notify people urgently, group SMS (or mobile text messages) is a useful tool. OfficeClip alerts supports quick text messages (SMS) in addition to emails. Sometimes, when people are on to go, mobile phones are useful for communicating various information like:
4. April 2011 17:40
Today a customer called and he wanted to link up contacts with opportunities. Although in the traditional sense opportunities are linked with accounts, in OfficeClip, there are a few ways you can create opportunities for contacts.
First let us see how the term opportunities is used in different contexts. Opportunities are usually tracked for customers in terms of their probablity of closure, who is closing them etc.
9. March 2011 17:51
Many of our customers have requested to host their installed version of OfficeClip outside their company. In this article we present a simple way to host OfficeClip on the Amazon EC2 cloud. OfficeClip uses Windows 2008 Datacenter OS and Sql Express 2008 image on the Amazon EC2 cloud. Running OfficeClip on the amazon EC2 cloud will provide you with the following benefits:
- You can run the installed version of OfficeClip on a dedicated server.
- There is no need to install OfficeClip, the installation is already done for you and you can just configure and run it.
- You have the flexibility to increase or decrease the machine resources based on your needs.
- It is cheaper than many dedicated or virtual servers you can find in the market.
28. February 2011 18:56
Many users have asked about a simple way to create Avery labels using the OfficeClip. Web Contact Manager allows you to create labels in few easy steps. You will need to export the contact address from OfficeClip and then use the tool from the Avery website to create the label in Microsoft Word. The steps are given below:
- Export appropriate contacts from the OfficeClip Contact Manager as CSV file
- Download the Avery wizard for Microsoft Office from the Avery website
- Merge your contact data with the Avery Wizard
- Print the label, peel and put in envelope
15. February 2011 22:45
In the past we have received many questions about how to use the Campaign feature of OfficeClip and I thought that this blog, along with the video, will give a good idea. In short the campaign manager can do a few things:
- Send Html or text emails to some or all your contacts
- Ability to send campaigns made using Microsoft Word via the campaign manager (as html email)
- Use mailmerge to merge contact information with the print campaigns made with Microsoft Word.
8. February 2011 02:00
OfficeClip Web Contact Manager allows administrators to manage duplicate entries. Duplicates can occur when data is entered or imported from various sources. The most likely reason for duplication is when data is imported without preprocessing and cleaning. OfficeClip presents all the duplicate sets to the user in an organized format allowing them to Skip, Merge and Delete duplicate entries.
This article explains various ways duplicates can be found in your contact files and how they can be resolved. Note that the users without administrative privileges will not have access to this feature.
2. February 2011 13:06
OfficeClip Contact Manager can now be used with Predictive Dialers. Steve Pavent CEO of Bluepayment.com has integrated such a dialer with his OfficeClip Contact Manager Suite.
"The beauty of this system is that you do not need to have any expensive equipments to set it up. All it needs is a broadband connection and a usb headset", says Steve Pavent. Integrating with the predictive dialer is saving at least 50% compared to the conventional dialer he was using with OfficeClip before. The workflow of this dialer is shown below:
17. January 2011 20:08
Some of our customers requested us to provide an enhancement to the OfficeClip Contact Manager so that they are able to create campaigns using the Microsoft Word® and be able to send them using the html email supported in OfficeClip.
One way is to do this is to create a Word campaign and then export it to html. This creates a few issues:
- The html created by the word document is not clean and can cause problems in many email clients
- The images are stored in a different folder and so they cannot be sent via email resulting all the graphics to be replaced by placeholders
- Most of the email clients switches off external files (for privacy reasons) unless it is from trusted source.
12. January 2011 17:23
With 2011 we have add two more ways for our users can communicate with us better. The first one is to capture your Ideas and Feedback in a better way and the second an OfficeClip Facebook Page to keep in touch with our customers who already has facebook account.
The new OfficeClip Feedback system allows users to:
- Enter ideas and feedback
- Vote on existing ideas and feedback
- Keep track of the status of feedback. OfficeClip developer would monitor this forum and post statuses on each feedback
Every month we are giving away a $50 amazon.com gift certificate to the most useful and popular feedback on the feedback forum
The OfficeClip Facebook page
will let you keep track of all the changes that are going on with OfficeClip products and services.
Photo courtesy hanspoldoja
17. December 2010 15:11
This week our IIS SMTP (Internet Information Server, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server was compromised and spammers were able to get control of it and started sending spams from all over the world. When the server started running low we found that there are around 100,000 spam mails in the SMTP queue (and similar numbers in the Bad Mail folder). Some of our customers did not get some of their mail delivered. We have since corrected the problem. Some of our customers are using SMTP in IIS to send their emails via OfficeClip Installed Version. I will relate some precautions to be taken in such a situation.
- Always enable the SMTP log in the IIS
- Create an alarm if the SMTP log is becoming too big, too fast
- Set the SMTP port to some higher port number instead of 25
- Make sure that you put the correct IP addresses of the machines in the SMTP Relay settings
- If the SMTP server gets compromised, check all the blacklists and work with your SMTP to get removed from the list.
7. December 2010 16:43
Thank you for your patience and feedback, we are now in 8.2.5. Here is the summary:
- Enhancements on Invoices
- Use Microsoft Word® to create and send campaigns
- Tags are more visible and useful
- Ability to move or hide contact fields
Enhancements on Invoices
In this release we have made the Invoice application more useful and stable. Following are some of the many enhancements we made to this application:
19. November 2010 14:32
To organize contacts, accounts, opportunities etc. in OfficeClip Contact Manager you can use user-defined fields. This can be used when you are setting a single property to a field, say, you want to specify that an Account has a yearly Contract. However, it is not easy to represent something whenever there is a one to many relationship exists. for example, say we want to say that an Account is a reseller and a partner, whereas another account is an end user and a reseller.
Tags can help in this situation as it allows you to put as many tags you need for any entity you like. For example, in OfficeClip Contact Manager, you can create a tag called Customer Type, and set three values under it.
27. October 2010 13:16
OfficeClip now has a new application for invoicing customers. There is no need to export or synchronize your accounting system information with OfficeClip. You can directly invoice customers from within OfficeClip.
This feature will be useful for our service oriented users who does their Contact Management, Account Management or Web Timesheet using OfficeClip. It is available as an add-on to OfficeClip Web TimeSheet and Contact Management module.
5. October 2010 21:10
OfficeClip Extranet allows you to share your project information with your customers and service providers. For example, suppose you want to share timesheet summary with your customer so that they can, at any time, see how much time is spent on various tasks. You will need to follow the steps below:
- Create a Timesheet Report that you want to share and save the report
- Create an Extranet customer login
- Create a Share for the report that you creted and give access only to your customer
- Send the automatically generated email to the customer
19. June 2010 14:53
Web Issue Tracker allows you to publish an email address so that your customers and prospects can report issues to the tracker via email. The following features are available:
- Email Attachments are converted to documents in the issue tracker and linked with the issue.
- The subject line of the email is imported to the Title of the issue of the body of the email is imported to the description of the issue.
- Defaults can be set for the issues created from the email.
- The scan rate of the POP account can be controlled.
28. April 2010 20:49
We have made the customization of the Login screen and footer easier. You can now use the HTML editor to insert any arbitrary html (for example your website header) in OfficeClip. In order to do this, login as site administrator and go to Manage Site Information, there you will see options for managing site header and site login.
Using the Login Screen Setup the following features can be customized:
5. April 2010 11:21
Starting with release 8.2.3, we have implemented a duplicate management system to weed out duplicate contacts present in the OfficeClip Contact Manager. Currently there are two places where duplicates are managed:
- OfficeClip administrators are able to detect existing duplicate contacts and merge or remove them.
- While importing contacts, duplicates can be ignored at input.
21. March 2010 14:02
We have introduced major changes to this new OfficeClip release. We thank everyone who has given us feedback on the features implemented in this release. Following are the highlights:
- Implementation of Tags and Tag Groups
- OfficeClip for Blackberry & Droid
- Changes to the Free Edition
- Minor enhancements and fixes