2. March 2010 15:21
Have you wondered how you can create a knowledge base using the Web Issue Tracker in OfficeClip? Creating a knowledge base can save you valuable support time by allowing your customers to handle simpler issues themselves without repeatedly answering the same questions. Using the OfficeClip Bug and Issue Tracker you can create a new binder for the knowledge base and then make the binder available to your users at your website.
One of the advantages of creating a knowledge base using OfficeClip is that you can make both a public as well as secured knowledge base. The public knowledge base can be kept on your website for anyone to browse. The secured knowledge base can be provided to your customers and partners so that they can use it from a password protected area.
15. February 2010 15:18
You may want to share a document with your partner or a timesheet
report with your customer but without giving them the OfficeClip login.
OfficeClip Extranet can be used in two modes:
Public Sharing allows you to share information by giving your customers a link. They can then click on the link and get the information. This is useful when you want to share many documents or show a calendar on your website. If, for example, you want to share a document with a partner, you can select the document and the extranet application will then give you a link to be sent to your customer, which when clicked will show the document to your partner.
25. January 2010 14:58
Managing data in a remote office is often complex and challenging. Some tasks can be completed independently, but others require consolidation. Potential issues include the following:
- How are your employees billing their time?
- How are projects being implemented?
- Are problems communicated effectively between branch offices?
- Are internal issues and customer issues tracked efficiently?
- Are resources having special knowledge being used effectively by various organizations?
- Are these organizations securing all data?
- Are processes that can be tracked centrally (e.g., contacting leads via phone) be done more efficiently?
20. January 2010 15:02
OfficeClip is now available on iPhone™ and iPod Touch®. It is available as a web application with a look and feel designed to be compatible with the UI style of the iPhone, and the following applications of OfficeClip now work on the iPhone:
- Calendar - Allows creation of meeting and group events. Recurring events are not supported.
- Contact Manager - Allows creation and management of contacts. Creation of new filters and reports are not supported.
- Account Manager - Allows creation and management of accounts. New filters and reports are not supported.
- Opportunities - Allows creation and management of opportunities. New filters and reports are not supported.
- Campaigns - View and edit campaign details. Designing new campaigns or sending campaign emails is not supported.
- Timesheets - Allows creation of new timesheets, as well as editing, submitting, and approving timesheets. Reports are not supported.
- Expenses - Allows creation of new expenses, and editing, submitting, and approving expenses. Reports are not supported.
- Task Manager - Create, edit, and manage tasks.
- Notes - Allows creation of personal and organization notes.
- Issue Tracker - Ability to create new issues, and assign and manage issues.
14. January 2010 12:55
Steve Pavent of Optimum Payments is a small-business owner who offers payment solutions to many other small businesses. Before using OfficeClip, the head office manually processed all business applications. Steve had the following requirements:
- Each agent should be able to view and edit their assigned contacts and leads, because agents are geographically dispersed and earn commissions from their sales. They have to work on the contacts they acquire and manage.
- The corporate office needs to look at all newly acquired leads and allocate them to various sales agents for further action.
- Each agent's work hours, as well as the amount of work, need to be captured.
- To maintain contact for better conversion and upselling, newsletters and periodic emails should be sent to all contacts and customers.
- All documents associated with contacts and customers need to be connected within the system.
- Careful records should be kept of all notes, events, and issues associated with any contacts.
- Business forms should be sent directly to all prospects.
31. December 2009 12:07
As a small business, you can run your business more efficiently using many products that are delivered today via SaaS (Software as a service) or locally installed. For example, you may need to:
- Manage your prospects, accounts opportunities and campaigns
- Create and send regular campaigns for your prospects and customers
- Manage customer support incidents and issues
- Track Time worked on various projects
- Track how your employees are spending time
- Track employee and company expenses
- Track internal issues
- Share documents with your offsite employees and customers
- Invoice customers
- Share calendar events and meetings with customers, prospects etc.
22. December 2009 15:53
Many OfficeClip users have DSL or Cable Internet access in their Office. Although OfficeClip provides SaaS (Software as a Service) as a hosted solution, many small business users choose to install OfficeClip at their own server for various reasons. This article shows that it is not very hard to implement this in your own small office.
One way to do this is using a VPN connection when accessing the OfficeClip server from outside your company. Many Wi-Fi router today supports this mode. However, VPN is difficult to setup for average users.
Another easy way is to open port 80 (http port) on your router and direct all incoming request to your OfficeClip Server. Follow these steps:
14. December 2009 12:20
We get a lot of questions about security for many of our applications. This blog attempts to organize all the security features in one place and explains various levels of security.
- Security between Organizations
- Privileges using Roles
- Access Control at various levels
8. December 2009 11:32
If you do a Google search on Backup, File Replication or Synchronization software you will see hundreds and thousands of hits. I want to share with you two tools we have been using effectively for sometime that a small business can use for little or no cost.
- SyncBack - Allows you to sync your files from your computer to an ftp site. This is essentially a nice ftp backup utility with lots of options.
- DeltaCopy - It can synchronize large files very quickly by sending differences between the files in small compressed chunks.
4. December 2009 07:44
Keeping track of clients, appointments, old tax returns and receipts is sometimes difficult to manage in a conventional way. Different applications in OfficeClip provide a way for Accountants to be more productive. This avoids having to maintain bunch of spreadsheets and carry out manual merging.
In this article we show some ways how OfficeClip products can be used by Accountants and Financial Professionals to make various tasks more efficient.
2. December 2009 17:54
This week one of our customers called and asked us to provide some advise on whether to host OfficeClip Contact Manager to a Virtual Private Server (VPS), Dedicated Server or Cloud. This led me to look at various options on cloud computing as it exists today.
Is the Cloud Computing cheaper than Dedicated Host?
27. November 2009 23:06
Here is a list of my top 10 productivity tools that a small business can use. Although these tools are most suited for IT professionals, they are valuable resources for any small business. Although I use them in Windows environment, some of these works in other environments like Unix, Mac etc.
Given below are some of my thoughts on these tools. What is your most favorite tool?
5. November 2009 14:11
Many of you have requested enhancement via OfficeClip Forum . In this release we have implemented of most of them.
- Dashboard Enhancements
- FREE 2 licenses for existing users
- Improvements in the Reporting Module
- Earn by Referring OfficeClip
- Implementation of Expense Synchronization
5. October 2009 13:10
All Employees (and consultants) of Government Contractors must comply with the DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency) regulations and Federal Accounting Regulations (FAR). Failure to comply with such rules may result in penalties and/or lose government contracts.
DCAA requirements is about implementing procedures for time keeping (and accounting) in the organization to ensure prevention of fraudulent billing to the government. Note that this means that the submitted timesheets become legal documents of the company and need to be treated as such.
21. September 2009 14:09
Many of you have requested a feature which would allow time spent on fixing issues, tasks or speaking with the contacts can be imported into OfficeClip Timesheet so that these time could be billed to the clients. Because OfficeClip customers have varying needs, this created some implementation challenges:
- What if the user does not use the OfficeClip Timesheet? In this case we are providing additional configurable reports.
- You want to export only some work items to the OfficeClip Timesheet. We have created a wizard interface that will allow users to pick and choose what is imported.
- Also, OfficeClip Timesheet should be flexible enough so that free form editing is available after the information in imported to the timesheet.
11. September 2009 14:09
OfficeClip Web Calendar offers various ways to create events to connect with your coworkers, customers and partners:
- You can create Group Events that is seen to everyone in your organization.
- Meetings can be created with your co-workers, customers and contacts. These are visible to the meeting facilitators, attendees and proxy.
- Personal events are private events that are visible only to the creator.
- Events can also be created from other applications, for example from the contact details screen of the Web Contact Manager, you can quickly create an appointment with the contact.
5. August 2009 14:08
Some of you have asked how we have created our video presentation on Extranet. We use Camtasia 6 to create our videos. I will provide the steps here with a sample video. I will not go into detail in Camtasia operations as they can be found from the Techsmith website. Any comments on this blog or any ideas for improvement will be appreciated.
29. July 2009 09:07
When working with different customers on projects and vendors on issues it is always useful to be able to keep the information together in your intranet. OfficeClip has released the new edition of its extranet software that allows users to work with their customers, vendors and service providers. Following are some of the highlights:
14. July 2009 10:07
This will be the first part in a series on how to use LinkedIn for your business. We have been using LinkedIn here at OfficeClip to build brand awareness and create an online presence, as well as establish each of us individually as experts in the areas we work (such as marketing, software, development, etc.). There are several ways in which businesses can achieve these (and I must stress that it takes time and effort) and I am going to talk about a few briefly here as an introduction. Follow-up articles will discuss some of these techniques in more detail.