20. February 2017 18:38
Today we have released a new patch that solves some of our customer's issues. Following are the changes in this patch:
- Patch: General: Google Sync was failing in some cases PE1141 (Support Tickets)
- Patch: Timesheet: Could see attachments inside Submitted/Approved Timesheet AC1138 (Support Tickets)
- Patch: Contacts: Mandatory List Fields were not checked for validation AC1137 (Support Tickets)
- Patch: Projects: Unable to scroll the Accounts List screen AC1136 (Support Tickets)
If you have the installed version of OfficeClip, you can go to the OfficeClip download page to read instructions and download the patch. If you are using OfficeClip online at our website they are automatically applied to the site.
2. February 2017 15:16
Today we released a patch for 10.4.27. If fixes one issue:
- Projects > Accounts List - Screen cannot be scrolled down
If you are using OfficeClip.com cloud it is automatically installed and you do not have to do anything. If you have the installed version you can down the path and read the installation instruction here:
25. January 2017 13:41
We are pleased to announce a new release this year for OfficeClip. The following are some of the important changes we made to the product:
- Timesheet - Time Off Integration
- Live Chat Integration
- Lots of bug fixes
4. November 2016 14:20
We have made a service release 10.4.22. This fixes some of the recently reported issues.
- Enhancement: Notes: In the issue tracker text areas hyperlink buttons are there try to add a hyperlink and unlink observe the functionality working or not and check the spell check button is before the hyperlink
- Bug Fix: Issue Tracker: Note was not formatted correctly for extranet users
- Bug Fix: Settings: Deleting an organization with some demo data was throwing an exception NR1538(10x)
- Bug Fix: Time Off: Time Off → Admin → Select a time off category → History → was showing the wrong history KP1094(Support Tickets)
- Bug Fix: Time Off: Time Off rejection mails are not coming to the user BK1544(10x)
- Bug Fix: Time Off: Timeoff > my requests & archived lists > delete was not asking for permisssion DK1531(10x)
- Bug Fix: Timesheet: Timesheet Profile change email was not sending emails correctly (the link was showing up as empty) IK1543(10x)
- Bug Fix: Timesheet: User was not able to navigate to the timesheet page from the email link that is sent when the timesheet is approved NK1525(10x)
You can download and install the new release from here. It you are using the cloud edition, it has been upgraded already.
5. October 2016 15:46
Welcome to the new release of OfficeClip. In this release we bring you a few enhancements and many bug fixes:
Before downloading a document, you can now review it using the in built viewer. Current supported files are office documents (docx, pptx, xlsx), html, pdf, xml, js and text files.
Windows Live OAuth2
If you have a windows live account, you can use that to login to OfficeClip instead of your OfficeClip login and password.
See full release notes
Download Link (for users who have the installed version)
21. June 2016 14:45
We have a new version of OfficeClip for you. It combines two previous versions. Here are the release notes:
18. May 2016 19:23
Today we have released a new OfficeClip version that contains two important enhancements and fixes more than 40 bugs.
1. Single Sign On using Google Apps and Google Login: You can now use your Google or Google Apps account to sign into OfficeClip.
2. Mark important items in OfficeClip: Now you can use Google style star icon to mark important items in OfficeClip. In addition you can use filters to see the important items. The video below shows how this can be done.
3. Bug Fixes: We have fixed more than 50 bugs in the software. For details please see our Release Notes.
3. March 2016 13:35
We have fixed few more issues and released version 10.4.2. Here are the release notes:
- Bug Fix: CRM: In contact >> view contact >> after adding a document goto history and download a file , busybox appears on the screen. BS1350(10.X)
- Bug Fix: CRM: In contacts >> call List : When choose add note it was asking for note book which should not be hapening BS1349(10.X)
- Bug Fix: CRM: Accounts - View - New Drop Down tool - Document now shows all the docs in pop up IK1345(10.X)
- Bug Fix: CRM: Contact - Email Child - There is now back button when clicked to New Account IK1337(10.X)
- Bug Fix: CRM: Contact Manager: Clicking on Alternate email address brings incorrectly populated screen PR0953(Support Tickets)
- Bug Fix: CRM: User was unable to save contacts under certain circumstances SD1381(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Invoice: List Screen >> paging was not working (always showing the first page)
- Bug Fix: Invoice: Send Note: When user clicks on the link it is giving a server error DK1378(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Issue Tracker: View issue>share >email - more than 2 email addresses if entered was giving an error DK1346(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Settings: Entire site > login screen - when we click on official website the cursor keeps on rolling DK1383(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Timeoff: Hourly Timeoff request is now working IK1364 (10.X)
- Bug Fix: Timesheet: History - Total no. of hrs if in minutes it is miscalculated in history than the actual time K1355(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Timesheet: List Screen history is now working SD1351(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Timesheet: Cannot restrict billable to a particular value... OM0955(Support Tickets)
13. February 2016 19:22
This is a major release after about 5 months. We fixed more than 150 issues and made lots of enhancements to OfficeClip. This article discusses the enhancements we made in various applications of OfficeClip:
17. June 2015 15:06
For many of our customers who have been sending me weekly emails about the new release, here it is!
In this release we have enhanced the extranet and fixed few bugs. For more details please see:
2. March 2015 15:03
We have finally
released the new version 10.3.49! Thank you for your patience. Following are a partial list of things done in this release:
- CRM - Redesigned Google Sync with new API
- CRM - Tags are now exporting in the csv file
- CRM - Skype integration
- Projects - Added Notes
- Many bug fixes and minor enhancements. Please see the Release Notes for details.
15. July 2014 15:07
Starting today the OfficeClip suite, consisting of
the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) and HR Management module, will be
available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in AWS Marketplace with hourly and
OfficeClip Suite provides small businesses with the
ability to manage customers, employees, and projects with one suite of applications.
The software solution provided by OfficeClip under one platform includes
, DCAA compliant Timesheet
, Expense Management, and Project
Tracking and Issue Tracking
system. OfficeClip customers enjoy an integrated
software experience and can avoid having to acquire and manage multiple
products to run their business.
"The AWS Cloud is a secure, scalable, and cost
effective platform for our customers. In addition to our SaaS and local
installation solution AWS can provide our customers with the benefits of
preinstalled software and having full control of their own data." says SK
Dutta, President of OfficeClip LLC.
“We are excited to have OfficeClip offer their
software with annual subscriptions on AWS Marketplace. Many
customers want the flexibility to purchase software in a way that allows them
to forecast expenses ahead of time,” said Barry Russell, Head of Business
Development for AWS Marketplace, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “Annual subscriptions on
AWS Marketplace enable customers to do that. With the OfficeClip suite
available in both hourly and annual pricing, customers can quickly expand or
launch new initiatives without large up-front costs, while taking advantage of
material savings for steady-state, long-term workloads.”
OfficeClip will be available in AWS Marketplace
two editions. The basic edition will be free for all AWS Marketplace users, and
the enterprise edition can be purchased hourly, or yearly at a significant discount.
AWS infrastructure charges apply.
12. May 2014 16:05
We are pleased to let you know that a new version of OfficeClip (10.2.16) has been released. This release fixes many bugs, some which are:
- In some cases entering alphanumeric characters in the custom numeric field triggers an error (IK0435)
- Cannot use track time in chrome browser (SD0429)
- There is no way to recover the archived timeoff request (KP0667)
- Basic edition users are unable to set mileage (MO0513)
- In some cases emails through OfficeClip is not getting sent (JC0648)
- Manual Sync of QuickBooks is not filtering service items correctly (SD0428)
- In some cases export csv for accounts is giving error (RK0622)
31. January 2014 12:50
For the past few months we have been working hard in making OfficeClip more usable to our users. In the new release 10.2.1 we have fixed numerous bugs and created many enhancements. Most of these enhancements below are created based on your idea and your support request:
Contact Manager and CRM
New Custom field types:
- Parent Child Fields - This will allow users to create a custom field that will depend on another field. For example, if you have a field called country and another related field called state, when you change a country to say United States, the state field will only show the US states.
- Calculated fields - You can add a formula to a field that is dependent on another field. For example, you might want to see how long an opportunity is open. So, you can create a field called "days open" which can be computed as "today's date - opportunity created date".
- Multi select list - In this release we have added a multi-select list where you can select more than one list items. For example, you might want to keep track of your contact's hobbies. You can create a field called Hobby that has more than one values like Drama and Swimming.
These enhancements are available to the Basic (Free) and Enterprise versions of OfficeClip.
- On Screen Rules: When entering new contacts, it is sometimes necessary to do dynamic validation check or pre-populate some fields based on another field. These can now be done using the On-Screen rules in CRM Admin.
This enhancements is available to the Basic (Free) Version of OfficeClip users and well as Enterprise users.
- Related data count: When seeing related data in various tabs, it is hard to see if something new has come up or if there is any data inside the tab without clicking on the Tab. We added a status on each tab that shows the number of items and if there is anything new in these tabs.
- Daily Call List Enhancement: The daily call list now shows multiple day call list grouped by date. This makes it easier to all past (and future) unattended calls.
- Campaign Templates: OfficeClip campaigns provides ability to create and send campaigns using your own SMTP account without having to pay a third party for sending emails. In this release we provide you with many email templates. You can select any of these templates to create your own professional campaigns.
Timesheet and Expenses
We have done numerous bug fixes in the timesheet module. We have also made it more efficient.
The most important enhancement we made in the Issue Tracker this time is the ability to use it as a Ticket Tracking software. Your customers will be able to send you support ticket via your website, email or telephone call in. They will then be able to exchange notes and keep track of status using a portal.
Video help throughout OfficeClip
No wonder our customers are perfectly satisfied with 30% of OfficeClip features. Each of our screens have loads of time saving features. But understanding it, even by reading the help files, is daunting. So we have started putting a lot of small quick start videos on many pages. Lets us know if you like it! these videos can be switched off from Settings > Site Settings > Options
Full Release Notes
To see all the OfficeClip Release notes click here
What we are doing next
Our 2014 roadmap is based on what feedback we received in 2013. You, with your input, can steer our development effort to a new direction.
Watch our blog for new announcements regarding out 2014 roadmap
Add a new idea or vote for the one you like @ http://idea.officeclip.com
17. September 2013 15:54
OfficeClip Issue Tracker software is used by many organizations to keep track of their software issues, bugs and cusotomer support requests. In a recent release of OfficeClip we have made changes to the Issue Tracker View and Edit screens to make them more user-friendly. We have also provided abilities to put the desciption, resolution and comments in the html format.
Issue Tracker Detail Screen
The detail screen of the issue tracker shows a quick view of the issues and notes that are shared by the users and customers. The following changes are made:
- Attachments and History are now in different tabs. This makes the screen less cluttered and also provides a way to put more important information in front of the user.
- The Status is kept at top right to allow users (who has privilege) to change it.
- Only those fields are shown on this screen that has any values associated with it.
- Notes can be added directly by the user and customers on this screen.
Issue Tracker Modify Screen
This screen shows up when the user clicks on the Modify button on the detail screen. The following changes are made to this screen:
- Status, Assigned to and Regarding fields are now consolidated on the top right of the screen. These are the fields most often used so they are moved to a more visible location.
- The Description, Resolution and Comments are now in rich text format allowing users can add html formatting to these text areas.
- Attachments and Notes are removed from this screen and moved to the Detail screen
31. July 2013 09:50
We have created a new release of OfficeClip (10.1.28). In this release we made OfficeClip more robust by fixing some of the issues that we have been in the previous release.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issues with the notes expand and collapse feature
- Bug Fix: Incorrect reports getting created for organizational employees
- Bug Fix: Campaign Design: In the Image editor, the images are not showing properly
- Bug Fix: Contact Manager: Call List: Actions once selected were not getting selected again
- Bug Fix: Opportunities: View Screen: Documents - Upload - Busy icon remains fixed
If you are using OfficeClip Hosted, it is already updated in the OfficeClip.com. If you want to download and install OfficeClip on your machine or private cloud, you can get it from here
3. June 2013 16:32
We have some interesting enhancements and ideas for you in this newsletter:
- Modified Google sync algorithm and notification
You will now need to sign on to authenticate yourself to Google account using OAuth 2.0. This is currently the preferred way to access Google API.
OfficeClip Google sync will allow you to do bi-directional sync of contacts, events and notes. See the following video on how it is done:Google Sync for Contacts in OfficeClip CRM
- Changes in the Settings screen
The settings screen used show as popup before and we had a few complaints from you about the difficulty in handling popups. So we changed to normal tabbed interface. Here how it looks.
- Bug Fixes
- Invoice payment processing, when processing checks gives an error
- Time-off accrual details does not show correct accruals
- User import/export now includes custom fields
Note: If you are using the installed version, you can download it from here. Hosted version of OfficeClip is automatically upgraded.
Create your own ticketing system
OfficeClip separates itself from other vendor solutions by providing you a more complete system to manage employees and customers. You no longer have to acquire multiple systems and integrate with your workflow.
Today we will show you an interesting way to use the OfficeClip issue tracker to create a ticketing system to manage your customer and internal tickets. See this article to learn how it is done: Create trouble ticketing system using the issue tracker
Give a feedback, get amazon certificate
We realized it is time to track our feedback in a better way. I have a list of hundreds of your ideas and need a way to decide which ones should be implemented first.
So we started using a third party ticketing system (till we can write our own :)). This will allow you to track your own feedback. It is here:
This month (june 2013) we plan to give four amazon.com certificate of $50 for four interesting feedback or ideas. You need to be a customer to participate in this.