31. January 2017 22:17
I got a few questions from some of our customers on proper use of the OfficeClip Time Off and Accruals. OfficeClip Time Off application has many features that can manage your employee's vacation, leaves and paid time off. I decided to create a tutorial video to make it simple. Let me know if you liked it or have any questions.
29. July 2016 16:30
After getting a query from one of our customers, I decided to do this quick video on how to:
- Provide OfficeClip Report Access to certain members (or roles) of your team.
- Manage Access at the Reports level. For example, do not allow some reports to be shown to an employee.
Note: Make sure you exercise caution when you expose your reports to non-administrators of your organization. Depending on their access they may be able to see some information that you may not want them to see!
Please reply with your questions or comments
28. June 2016 13:16
If you are a web application developer or provisioning an application for health care, this article will provide some information on what you should be focus to be compliance with the current healthcare regulations. In accordance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule any healthcare practice (or provider) should protect patient's individual identifiable health information, often called Electronic Protected Health Information(ePHI).
This article talks about what is involved in complying with ePHI and how OfficeClip handles it.
13. June 2016 10:54
In OfficeClip you can change the access permission of documents and folders. The permission link can be accessed from the properties page. Follow these steps:
- Click on the Document Application from the left menu
- Click on the Properties icon on the same row as the folder (or document)
- Click on the Permissions link
- Click on the Edit icon on the row that you want to change permission
- Change the Permission and then Click on Save
10. June 2016 17:45
You can now track history of all the changes your coworkers made to OfficeClip. These changes can be seen in a consolidated form within OfficeClip's history window. Changes to individual applications can be seen from inside that application. Here is a video that explains how it all works:
29. October 2015 10:10
OfficeClip Contact Manager provides integration with Skype. This enables you to call your contact via skype using one click. To enable this feature do the following:
1. From Settings > Entire Site click on Options
2. Check mark the show skype button
3. Now you should see a phone icon next to the phone field
4. Clicking on it should bring up skype call window (if skype is installed)
8. October 2015 14:10
In the past couple of weeks some new customers reported that their times are not shown in the proper timezone.
There are two ways to change timezone in OfficeClip:
- Organization Timezone: This is set by the administrator when the organization is created. The timezone of every new user will be set to this value. To change this go to Settings > Organization Settings > Timezone and Custom Fields (under Organization)
- Personal Timezone: This will override the default timezone that is set by your group administrator. To change this go to Settings > My Profile > Personal Preferences
The video below shows this in action:
See this video in high definition in YouTube
8. September 2015 15:09
In OfficeClip Contact Manager, we do not have a status field for each contacts. The CRM software is configurable enough that you can add an user-defined field called Status
and use it to manage status of all the contacts. To do this:
- Click on Admin > Custom Fields
- Add a field of list type
- From the configure field button add the list values
- Now you can add the status to any contacts and also see it on the list screen.
See the video tutorial below on how to do this:
See this video in high definition in YouTube
23. June 2015 22:06
If your organization provides professional services, it may be useful for your website to allow your visitors create an appointment. This tutorial walks you through the entire process of how to implement this using Group Calendar in the OfficeClip Contact Management Software.
1. In main calendar screen click on the button "Share this Calendar"
2. Click on the Show Event Details button to show the details of the events on your website calendar. Select this option if you are sharing the calendar on your intranet.
3. Select the email address that will be notified to the appointment administrator (in your organization) when a visitor books an appointment on your website
4. This creates two links, the first link is to show the full calendar to your website.
5. The second link only allows your visitor to see the "Request Appointment" form
6. You can use an iframe or just a hyperlink to show the calendar on your website. Your visitor will be able to click on the "Request New Appointment" button to request a new appointment.
7. Your visitor fills up the request appointment screen
8. An email is sent to the appointment administrator who can click on a button to finally approve the appointment
9. The appointment administrator makes final adjustments and approves the event.
The event now shows up in the OfficeClip calendar
10. An email is also sent to your visitor to confirm the event
This feature is a part of the free contact management software
29. December 2014 12:12
In any CRM, Tags allows free form categorization of contacts, customers and other entities. Usually contacts are often categorized using lists with fixed values. These are sometimes restrictive because they do not allow normal users to easily change an existing value. Also, in most places users cannot select more than one values per field.
Tags by definition is free form and users can easily add or remove them. Entities using tags can be easily searched and categorized.
OfficeClip contact manager implements hierarchical tags. This means that entities can be categorized in two levels. For example, you may want to create a higher level tag called insurance. You can then tag one contact, say John, Provides Life Insurance services and lived in Florida and another contact Mary, provides Auto Insurance service and lived in Georgia.
Tag: Services > Life Insurance
Lived In > Florida
Tag: Services > Auto Insurance
Lived In > Georgia
So you can search based on the services provided or where the contact lived in.
30. October 2014 16:10
Finding the right contacts from a list of, say 10,000 contacts, is time consuming.
Filters are sometimes difficult for understand and use.
Consider the following:
You want to send newsletters to all non-customers in the state of
Georgia and Florida whose birthday is in this month.
In OfficeClip, you can create such a filter intuitively. The completed
filter will look like:
We worked hard to provide you a filter that is simple to understand and
yet powerful to represent most of the conditions.
See a video on how to use the new filter:
8. August 2014 19:08
Image by -JvL- from Flickr Creative Commons
Duplicati is an open source, powerful backup software on the cloud. It can take
backups to various storage clouds like Google drive, Amazon S3, Microsoft OneDrive,
ftp etc. It supports full and incremental backup.
OfficeClip develops free basic and enterprise edition of the Contact Manager (CRM), project management and
support ticket software suite that can be installed on private clouds like amazon Ec2.
This article will show how to backup OfficeClip sql database, documents and code files using Duplicati and amazon s3 cloud.
2. July 2014 16:07
OfficeClip Contact Manager / CRM has a dedicated Outlook add-in
to sync with outlook contacts. This add-in is provided in the enterprise edition of OfficeClip free of cost. The basic edition users can export contacts from outlook and import in OfficeClip. This video explains how to do this:
16. June 2014 17:06
In OfficeClip you can setup each of your companies as organization. Each organization is a separate entity and has it's own information (like contacts, accounts, invoices, timesheet, expenses, users etc.)
When you setup an OfficeClip account, you are effectively setting up multiple copies of OfficeClip, each independent of the other.
The access privilege of various information in organization is simple. You have access to the organization if you are a member of the organization. If an user belongs to multiple organization, he/she can switch between them and have access to the data.
You can use this feature to manage information between multiple divisions which are located in different geographic regions or are completely independent.
6. May 2014 12:05
During customer pre-qualification stage your representative needs to use consistent scripts. In OfficeClip you can create templates that can be used multiple times to record the pre-qualification conversations.
In OfficeClip you can create the script once and store it in the library, you can then use it for the pre-qualification of all your contacts.
18. April 2014 16:04
Your company may work on various projects and track time
and expenses for them using software like OfficeClip
. Today I am going to show you how to give limited access to your customers so that they can track information related to their own projects.
This process includes a few steps:
- While creating a report, click on the Filter tab and set the filter to a particular customer or project. You may also use the filter to restrict the number of employees that works in the project.
- Now click on the Filter Permission tab and only check mark those fields that you want to allow your customers to change.
- Once the report is created, create a secured share for this report for your customer.
That's it! now your customer can access this report in a restricted fashion and will be able to view his/her own project information. The video below shows how to set this up.
14. March 2014 22:03
OfficeClip Contact Manager
has ability to set privileges and access permission using rules.
To run your business effectively you may require different permissions for different users types. For example, one company may require everybody in their organization to be able to modify all contacts but not be able to delete them. While another organization may require contacts cannot be seen until it is assigned to the user. OfficeClip's rule based permission takes care of many of these scenarios.
Recently we have received a few requests to explain the details of the access permission of OfficeClip Contact Manager. I have created a video which attempts to explain some of it.
Note: For clarity watch in full-screen mode
Did this video help? please ask your questions or provide comments below.
21. February 2014 08:41
Note: If you are using OfficeClip from AWS Marketplace, you *DO NOT* need to follow the instructions given below. Your initial password of the created instance is abcd1234@ which must be changed before using the software.
Amazon provides a free-tier for its EC2 (Elastic Cloud) on their smallest server (called micro-instance) for one year as long as you are within their limits of access (for limits see http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/). In most cases you will not have to pay for it in the first year. After the first year you will pay around $15 to $20 per month if you prepay for one or three years. Please visit http://aws.amazon.com/free and the amazon AWS site at http://aws.amazon.com to get more details.
We have created an Amazon Machine for you with OfficeClip already installed. The basic version of OfficeClip is free for 10 users. So essentially you can run OfficeClip dedicated server free for one year.
Let's see how this compares with installing OfficeClip at your own machine:
- Pros: You have a dedicated machine but do not have the hassle of software installation and maintenence
- Pros: OfficeClip is pre-installed for you, so all you have to do is start the machine
- Pros: Amazon currently provides a free-tier for one year
- Pros: You can dynamically scale processing power, memory and disk space while keeping the information intact.
- Cons: Amazon Free Tier Micro Instance is a small machine and OfficeClip may run slow. We have tested it ourselves. While most operations are fast, sometimes you may have to wait for a few seconds delay.
- Cons: Amazon charges for the bandwidth, so you have to be careful. If your machine is compromised by some spyware, it can run up your bills quite a bit. Amazon has alarms to guard against it but most people do not set those.
- Cons: It is more expensive to host your machine at amazon compared to hosting it on premise if you do not consider human labor cost of installation and maintenence.
2. December 2013 15:57
I have gotten a few requests on how to make appointments on behalf of someone else in OfficeClip Calendar. Here is a quick video:
17. October 2013 15:29
You can use OfficeClip to share your ideas and notes with your colleagues. In OfficeClip Desktop, click on the Notes application from the left application bar. A list of notes are shown. From here you will be able to create new notes or share them with your team.
Each note can be created using the html editor provided and then can be made private or sharable with the organization.
Notes, in OfficeClip, can be used to keep track of variety of things. For example, we use it to keep track of our weekly status and plans. You can also use it to store project notes.