If you are a business owner, team leader, or manager, making the right decision out of given choices is crucial.
As your business expands, it is vital to bring in new implementations and changes in different areas of operations. But it is equally important to prioritize which implementations should be done first and which one at a later stage.
The right decision has a long-term impact on the growth and success of a business.
Decision-making is all about choosing from multiple choices. But how do we make the right decision? What should be the criteria and whether the course of action we take will benefit business?
When OfficeClip got into such a situation, we found a simple way to make the decision process easy.
We created a decision matrix template that helped us make decisions with conflicting choices and priorities. And these decisions proved to be quite helpful for our business.
This template will prove to be beneficial for your business while making crucial decisions
How to use the template?
- In the top row write what is important for you.
- In the next row(weight) write a number 1 and 2 depending on the priority factor you want to give (2 being highest).
- Now write the choices in the first column.
- In each cell write a number between 1 to 9 depending on how much each choice agrees with the priority in the same column.
- Calculation of the final weight will be the sum of all your weighted priorities.
This blog was published in 2015 and has been updated.
SK Dutta is a software architect and creator of OfficeClip Suite of products. He loves to design and develop software that makes people do their job better and more fun. He always explores ways to improve productivity for small businesses. He is also an avid reader in many areas, including psychology, productivity, and business.