A Contact Manager is a software program that enables users to store and locate contact information, tag contacts easily, create call list, create campaigns, create tasks, share documents, etc.
It also provides advanced reporting capabilities and empowers various taskforce members to have access to the same “contacts” database. This Contact Management module tracks all the data and communication activities related to the contacts.
A Contact Manager is an ideal solution for small businesses for their teams to easily manage their contacts and help them with day-to-day activities. However, many businesses, especially small and medium-sized, have a hard time finding contact management software that is efficient and assimilates with their system.
Contacts are the link that connects your business to more sales. Like every other business tool, a contact manager was established to make life easier. When it comes to making sales, a contact manager is a crucial aspect as everything starts with a contact. Therefore, it is up to small and medium businesses to seek after contact management applications such as OfficeClip.
The decision of whether to host your Contact Management software on your individual servers or the cloud is vital. There are advantages and disadvantages of both systems, from security to control and ease of use.
With the hosted option, your contact management system can be up and running immediately. Moreover, all of your contact information and the power to change that information will be readily available from any computer, and all you need is an internet connection.
With the installed option, you install the same software on your own server or private cloud. All data stays within your control, and you can schedule your own backup and redundancies. The installed version of the software is also charged one time, and there is no per-month fee.
The major difference between a contact management software and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system is that a contact management software plays a primary role in managing and tracking a customer, vendor and company’s information and communication.
A CRM software, on the other hand, provides more advanced functionality fashioned to sustain the sales process, prospective clients, and sales lead, including all sales representatives’ activities with some marketing performance.
Contact Management systems enable small businesses to track all communication with customers and vendors. It also associates sales report information while checking for orders and sales history information. Contact managers provide the primary contact information and additional contact information.
A CRM system is specifically used for businesses that have long or complex sales cycles that require continuous interaction of the customer, with planned follow-up dates and detailed communication records.
Contact Manager vs OfficeClip
There are so many ways to contact clients these days. Good contact management software can ease this process and incorporate all your conversations on one platform. Here are four other contact managers:
Insightly focuses on business relationships, and helps in discovering ranking in corporations, and build relationship maps which assist in increasing sales using tools such as automated lead management and automatic tracked emails.
Maximizer’s features are composed of a shared address book that can carry out searches by a case number, company affiliation and still save them. It easily processes automation, multi-level security for ranking access to data, while incorporating a mobile-savvy calendar. The data entry can also be clarified with form field validation that can describe which fields are mandatory, and check for duplicate entries.
This software can manage contacts and conversations, track leads, automate the sales processes, and track it all with easily understandable performance reports.
CRM is a more complex system, however, Zoho is worth mentioning because of its cutting-edge digital assistant feature that incorporates Zia Voice as a chatbot that can be queried for any desired info.
OfficeClip is a web-based software application that provides an integrated solution that properly manages your contacts, customers, projects, and employees. OfficeClip facilitates efficient tracking and sharing of information in your corporation.
Important Features of OfficeClip’s Free Contact Manager
Some of the features include:
- Search and Filters – You can easily find a contact from a database using the Search option. The user can search for contacts using various fields like tags, city, country, first name, email, currency type, etc. For a more complex search, filters can be used which will help you to create a tailored view that focuses on the details one is interested in.
- Drip Marketing – This is direct marketing that lures customers by sending marketing information to prospects at regular intervals, hence, encouraging engagement with your contacts and building a relationship.
- Invoices – This invoice feature has different templates such as service invoice, standard invoice, professional invoice, quotes, and estimates. The invoice can be customized to suit the client’s preference, and also edit new terms as per the transaction. As a business contact manager, it allows customers to make online payments.
- Smartphone Access – This enables employees to have real-time access to all the vital information through their smartphones so that customers can get the best service with better communication, faster access, and the latest updates concerning their projects.
- Synchronization – If you store your contacts and appointments using Google or Outlook, OfficeClip synchronizes with these applications. It synchronized with:
- Google Contacts
- Contact Related Notes (can be found in the contact description field)
- Contact Related Events
- Contact Related Tasks
- Calendar of Events – Non-Contact Related
- Notes – Non-Contact Related
Deepa Kapoor is an online writer for small businesses. She loves to write on the advancements of new technologies and how it affects our lives. She always explores ways to make small businesses more profitable. When not writing, she enjoys reading books and cooking exotic traditional food.