“Time is at once the most valuable and the most perishable of all our possessions.”
People spending their time wisely on projects are indirectly contributing to the organization’s productivity and increasing profitability. The most common issues organizations face are tracking employees’ time accurately and choosing the right system to record time.
Let us find out more about managing time effectively.
Why time tracking?
Time tracking means recording accurate time spent on a project or task. Keeping a record of time spent on projects will help in future estimation and budget planning.
Tracking time helps in:
- Accurate invoicing and billing.
- Keeping track of project status.
- Managing government projects
- Identifying reasons for the delay in projects.
- Transparency in the work process.
- Increasing profitability and productivity.
How do various organizations track time?
- Many organizations still use the traditional methods to record time, like spreadsheets, templates, or emails.
- Some organizations have advanced to using modern timekeeping software, where they record time using a punch clock or biometrics.
Implementing Time tracking software in your organization?
Consider the below-mentioned points, before implementing a time management system:
- Level of time tracking:
You need to think about the tasks, projects for which you want to record time, location of work, start and end time, recording of time-off, etc.
- Make employees aware of the company policies for time tracking:
- Inform them about the projects, tasks they will recording time for.
- Who will approve their timesheets?
- Are Paid time offs included in the timesheet?
- Reports required:
- Work details summary
- Project status and budgets
- Employee efficiency
- What kind of system will suit your business?
- Installed or hosted
- Will the system require some training?
Best Practices before selecting a product:
- Create a checklist of required features.
- Check out for a free version or free trial to ensure the product is working well for you.
- Ensure employees are adequately trained to use the software, to avoid inaccuracies.
- Create a proper workflow for timesheet approvals and managing timesheet settings.
- Finalize projects and tasks to track time.
How will OfficeClip Timesheet Software help your business?
- It is available free for unlimited users.
- All kinds of in-built and custom reports are available for analysis.
- Integration with Quickbooks and ADP payroll system.
- Ability to track project expenses.
- Invoicing software is available for billing purposes.
- Also, track employees’ time offs.
Implement a Time tracking system that suits your business needs. An efficient time tracker will create transparency in the work process, provide accuracy and increase productivity and employee efficiency.
Check our detailed article on Timekeeping Best Practices.
Deepa Kapoor is an online writer for small businesses. She loves to write on the advancements of new technologies and how it affects our lives. She always explores ways to make small businesses more profitable. When not writing, she enjoys reading books and cooking exotic traditional food.