A timesheet is a tool that helps you to record and keep track of your worked time. Previously the time spent was recorded on paper or on a spreadsheet. But with changing times now the time is recorded using timesheet software.
Timesheet software ensures that your team is paid accurately, helps you stay on budget with your projects, and automates your attendance process.
How is Timesheet used at various levels?
Why should businesses use Timesheet?
- Timesheets help to measure employee performance and productivity.
- Timesheet gives a glance of all the work done by employees for a week or month. At the end of the week or month, if the budgeted hours for a project are exceeding or work is not getting done, the supervisor can optimize more labor to the project or provide training to the underperforming employees, or delegate tasks to more efficient employees.
- Timesheets give a detailed breakdown of the time spent by an employee for each project and task, making the billing process easier for different projects.
- Timesheet report analysis will help businesses in making decisions about budget estimation and allocation of resources.
Who can use Timesheets?
- Freelancers: can use timesheets to track working hours for individual projects and charge their clients accordingly.
- Small Businesses: can use timesheets to track time for each project they are working on. Timesheets will help them determine work hours spent on a project, project status, and employee productivity. Tracking time using timesheets is also helpful for remote work.
- Government Departments: Consultants or organizations working under Government contracts need to comply with DCAA regulations. Using timesheets will prevent fraudulent billing and ensure the filling up of timesheets as per Government recommendations and guidelines.
- Construction Industry: Timesheet management will help the construction industry manage their projects efficiently and properly allocate resources. It will also help track the time of their laborers daily.
- Educational Institutions: An efficient timesheet software in the education sector will help to manage the staff attendance, schedule, and plan work, manage payroll, and can also streamline the workflow on a daily basis.
- Lawyers: can track time for each client with timesheets and bill them accordingly.
Advantages of using a Timesheet:
Using a timesheet helps employees to stay competitive, productive, and creates transparency. Following are the advantages of using a Timesheet:
Timesheet management helps to maintain all the details of the Projects, which helps in:
- Proper creation of tasks for each project.
- Allocation of employees for each task or role based on their performance.
- It helps to identify problem areas, and accordingly, the supervisors can take the desired action.
- Proper analysis in project management helps to monitor a project’s progress and makes the project deliverable on time.
- Daily time tracking by employees will help in the estimation of time taken to complete a project.
Timesheets help to justify all your invoices and billable hours. With a proper record of time spent on each task in the timesheets, the clients can see where the actual time is spent and keep track of the progress. Timesheets will help your clients ensure that the projects are being handled efficiently and billed accurately
Improvising with powerful insights:
Timesheet reports give an insight into all the ongoing work. It helps to identify the problem areas in the execution of the project or task. This analysis will help you in making a decision on the workflow or allocation of resources.
It is observed that many times employees spent most of their time on social media. Making the employees track time with a timesheet software will encourage them to work more seriously, which will help improve productivity and reduce procrastination. Tracking time using timesheets will also give the management a glance at the work done by remote working employees.
Delegation and Automation:
With continuous tracking of time, the management will get an idea of how much time a particular task takes to complete. Timesheets will help in the proper estimation of time taken to complete a task or project. Once estimation is done, the delegation of tasks becomes easy. If some work can be automated, work is streamlined accordingly, and then your employees can be designated with tasks that need more focus. This automation and planning reduces wastage of time, improves employee efficiency, and helps employees focus more on essential tasks.
OfficeClip easy to use Timesheet features:
- Simple and easy-to-use interface: OfficeClip Timesheet has a straightforward and easy-to-use interface. Employees can simply log in their time and add work details or use the Check-in check-out system to record their work timings. Once time is recorded, the employees can submit their timesheets to their respective managers at the end of the week for approvals.
- Flexibility: OfficeClip Timesheet has flexible time recording cycles. These cycles can be set to weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly.
- DCAA compliance: Organizations working for Government contracts must have timesheets that are DCAA compliant for auditing purposes. OfficeClip provides a timesheet with the DCAA compliance feature, which will help the auditor closely monitor all the edits done to the timesheets. It also ensures the filling up of timesheets as per the DCAA rules and regulations.
- Reporting: OfficeClip Reporting feature will help measure and analyze employee performance, and it also can create custom reports as per requirements.
- Affordable: OfficeClip timesheet is available at an affordable price with different editions.
- Export: Users can export timesheets in CSV format and also to the ADP payroll system. Addins like Quickbooks and Sage50 Accounting software are also available.
- Other features: Along with time tracking, users can also track their Expenses, track employees Time off, and create Invoices within OfficeClip applications.
Deepa Kapoor is an online writer for small businesses. She loves to write on the advancements of new technologies and how it affects our lives. She always explores ways to make small businesses more profitable. When not writing, she enjoys reading books and cooking exotic traditional food.